Welcome new Scouts and Scout Parents! Here’s looking ahead to another great month in Scouting!
We’ve already enjoyed welcoming new parents and Scouts to their first meeting. Here’s what else is planned for the rest of the month.
Monday, March 13, 7:30 – 9 pm. Scout meeting @ church and Court of Honor
We invite you to come to our Court of Honor on Monday, March 13th, at 7:30 pm, in the fellowship hall (our usual meeting place) at the Bexley United Methodist Church. We will be celebrating many achievements for individual scouts and the troop. Scouts are required to wear their class A uniforms, and if they are members of the Order of the Arrow, we ask them to please wear their OA sash. Family and extended family are invited too. For those attending, please bring a dessert to be shared with other scouts and their families.
Monday, March 20 — no meeting. Bexley schools spring break
Monday, March 27, 7:30 – 9 pm. Scout meeting @ church and Board of Review
Friday, March 31, 6 pm – Sunday, April 2, Noon. Cat and Mouse Camp Out!
Meet at church 6 pm on Friday for departure. Outing is at the ScoutMaster Cabin, Camp Falling Rock. Return to church around noon on Sunday.
Welcome our new incoming Scouts and their parents to their first official camp out! Cabin camp overnight on Friday and Saturday. Scouts spend Saturday playing Cat & Mouse — a version of hide and go seek that includes elements of map reading, orienteering and radio communications.
Parents are always welcome on every camp out.
Meet Friday at 6 pm at Church parking lot
Return on Sunday around noon
Travel in Class A uniforms. Bring warm clothes appropriate to the weather — always bring more layers than you think you might need including hat, gloves, etc. We will sleep in a cabin but you will want a sleeping bag and warm, dry clothes, socks, etc. to sleep in. The troop has extra gear for any scouts or adults who need to borrow something.
Recommended packing checklist link, trip permission slip link, and other handy links are at the bottom of this e-mail.
Recipe for Success = FUN!!!
For those planning ahead, here are the outings planned for the rest of the year — with some dates still being finalized:
April (date being finalized): Scout Games
May 19-21: Iron Chef
June (date being finalized): White Water
July 9-15: Summer Camp
August (date TBD): Family Campout
September (date TBD): Canoeing
October (date TBD): Backpacking
November 17-19: Pumpkin Chuckin’
December 8-9: Planning Overnight
See the troop calendar for additional details.
- All campouts are open to Troop 166 Boy Scouts, parents, and uniformed adults
- Travel to and from the campout in uniform
- All adults (parents as well as uniformed adults) need to have an up to date Youth Protection http://www.
- Siblings can join the August family campout
- All attendees need to complete a permission form for every campout. Electronic copies can be downloaded and saved with your information for easy printing: http://www.scouting.
- A handy checklist for packing can be downloaded as well. It’s a great habit for every scout and adult: https://gallery.
mailchimp.com/ e54ef67b3c3d8e41341c3a63f/ images/69755a69-b3bc-4714- b24e-04612bc3c8e4.jpg
- If you need to borrow a backpack, sleeping bag, pad, etc. for any outing, just ask Mr. or Mrs. Czaja.