Welcome back and Happy New Year! We have an exciting month planned.
Remember, our first meeting is Next Monday, January 9 — see you then! (No meeting tonight due to Bexley Schools observing New Year). And we have a rock climbing outing planned for end of month so be sure to sign up!
Monday, January 9, 7:30 – 9 pm. Scout meeting @ church and Troop Committee Meeting
Monday, January 16 — no meeting due to Martin Luther King day
Monday, January 23, 7:30 – 9 pm. Scout meeting @ church and Board of Review
Saturday, January 28, 9 pm – Sunday, January 29, 8:30 am. Rock Climbing Camp In at Vertical Adventures!
(Note this is Saturday 9 pm – Sunday 8:30 am only)
Scouts will spend Saturday night at Vertical Adventures — rock climbing from 10 pm – 1 am, then sleeping overnight in the gym.
Equipment, instruction, and food (cracker barrel / breakfast) included.
Location: Vertical Adventures
6513 Kingsmill Ct, Columbus, OH 43229
Meet Saturday at 9 pm at Church parking lot
Return on Sunday around 8:30 am
Travel in Class A uniforms. Bring athletic clothes for climbing (shirt and athletic shorts or sweat pants, socks). Bring sleeping bag and mat, plus mess kit.
Recipe for Success = FUN!!!
See the troop calendar for additional details.
- All campouts are open to Troop 166 Boy Scouts, parents, and uniformed adults
- Travel to and from the campout in uniform
- All adults (parents as well as uniformed adults) need to have an up to date Youth Protection http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection.aspx
- Siblings can join the September family campout
- All attendees need to complete a permission form for every campout. Electronic copies can be downloaded and saved with your information for easy printing: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/19-673.pdf
- A handy checklist for packing can be downloaded as well. It’s a great habit for every scout and adult: https://gallery.mailchimp.com/e54ef67b3c3d8e41341c3a63f/images/69755a69-b3bc-4714-b24e-04612bc3c8e4.jpg
- If you need to borrow a backpack, sleeping bag, pad, etc. for any outing, just ask Mr. or Mrs. Czaja.