Thanks to everybody who made November a great month in Scouting. We have a few short weeks together in December before holiday break, but they are action packed! See below for important details.
Monday, November 28, 7:30 – 9 pm. Scout meeting @ church and Board of Review (for Scout rank advancement)
Monday, December 5, 7:30 – 9 pm. Scout meeting @ church
Friday, December 9, 6 pm – Saturday 8 am. December planning overnight @ Jeffrey Mansion
We’ll be at the Jeffrey Mansion overnight on Friday for planning for the 2017 Scouting year, plus enjoying movies and board games. Up and out early on Saturday. Many Scouts will take part in the Pancake Breakfast (separate signup) on Saturday morning. Dinner and snacks provided. No cost.
Saturday, December 10, 8:30 am – 11:30 am: Pancake Breakfast service hours at Jeffrey Mansion
The Bexley Historical Society’s primary fundraiser for the year is an annual Pancake Breakfast held at Jeffrey Mansion. At this year’s event, as in the past, the Scouts will clear and reset tables as a service project. The Pancake Breakfast is on Saturday, December 10 starting at 8:30 am. This event will follow our overnight planning meeting at Jeffrey Mansion. Adults are also needed to help supervise. Two slots are available: 8:30 – 10:00 and 10:00 – 11:30.
Monday, December 12, 7:30 – 9 pm. Scout meeting @ church and special December Board of Review
Final chance to complete rank requirements for 2016 at this meeting.
Friday, December 19, 7:30 – 9 pm. Holiday party @ church
Families and siblings are encouraged to attend our end of year party! Bring a dessert item to share (nut free, please). Scouts should bring a wrapped gift for white elephant gift exchange. Final budget will be set by the scouts prior to the event but it is generally a very nominal value (e.g., $5-10 or less).
Note: this is the last meeting of the year! Meetings resume January 9.
See the troop calendar for additional details.
- All campouts are open to Troop 166 Boy Scouts, parents, and uniformed adults
- Travel to and from the campout in uniform
- All adults (parents as well as uniformed adults) need to have an up to date Youth Protection http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection.aspx
- Siblings can join the September family campout
- All attendees need to complete a permission form for every campout. Electronic copies can be downloaded and saved with your information for easy printing: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/19-673.pdf
- A handy checklist for packing can be downloaded as well. It’s a great habit for every scout and adult: https://gallery.mailchimp.com/e54ef67b3c3d8e41341c3a63f/images/69755a69-b3bc-4714-b24e-04612bc3c8e4.jpg
- If you need to borrow a backpack, sleeping bag, pad, etc. for any outing, just ask Mr. or Mrs. Czaja.