Mark your calendar now for our giant month of events:
–> Oct 5 – Sun – Philmont Crew Meeting – 5:00P
–> Oct 6 – M – Troop Meeting – 7:30P
–> Oct 10-12 – F-Sun – Philmont Crew Shakedown – TBA
–> Oct 13 – M – Troop Meeting – 7:30P
–> Oct 17 – F – Harvest Festival – Jeffrey Mansion – 5:30 – 8:30P
Signup here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040e4cada62eab9-20145
On Friday, October 17, we sell Hot Chocolate, Soda Pop and perhaps a few other things at Bexley’s Annual Harvest Festival. Proceeds go to individual Scout accounts with the Troop. Details here: https://www.google.com/calendar/render?eid=bTJzdWo1MjRscjdobjZmZTlncHZhM2J2cm8gYmV4bGV5Lm9yZ19vNWplOGVubzlxbWVzOHIxaHMybWZhZ2Zra0Bn&ctz=America/New_York&sf=true&output=xml#f
–> Oct 20 – Troop Meeting, Troop Committee – 7:30P
Discussions will center on the selection of new leadership for the troop. It is important that you attend if you wish to have a voice in the selection of a new Scoutmaster.
–> Oct 24 – 26- Iron Chef – Camp Falling Rock
Signup here: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/9040E4CADA62EAB9-20146
For our October outing, we’ll be traveling to Camp Falling Rock on Friday(10/24) after meeting at the Church at 6 PM. We’ll have a snack (eat before arriving at the Church) and spend the night in tents.
During the day on Saturday, Scouts will compete in two teams to produce the best breakfast, lunch and dinner for the Scouts and Adults. Time will be available to work on other Scout requirements during the day.
On Sunday, we’ll pack up, clean up and drive back to Bexley, arriving back at about 11:00 AM.
The cost for the outing will be $30 which includes camping, breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday.
- We travel in class “A” uniforms (pants, shirts, socks and belts).
- Bring your Boy Scout Handbook.
- Do not bring food. The current plan is for Adults to buy food for the Troop for this outing.
- Do not bring phones or other electronics. Adults will have phones for emergencies.
- Eat dinner before arriving at the Church at 6 PM on Friday.
- Plan to bring a tent or share a tent. Tenting arrangements should be made during Troop meetings before the outing.
- We will need adults to drive to and from then outing and/or to provide supervision for the outing.
–> Oct 27 – M – Troop Meeting, Board of Review – 7:30P
Last scheduled Board of Review (opportunity for rank advancement) until January. If your Scout is close to finishing a rank, now is the time for him to push ahead to the finish line.
Please let me know if there are questions or concerns.