We have an exciting month ahead in October! Note that Rosh Hashanah and Halloween are going to impact our weekly meeting schedule. See below for important details.
Monday, October 3: No Troop Meeting due to Rosh Hashanah (no classes, Bexley Schools)
Friday, October 7 – Saturday, October 8: Scout Service Hours opportunity at Bexley Community Campout (note new date due to weather last weekend)
This is the fifth year of the Community Campout in the meadow behind Jeffrey Mansion. It is one of the Recreation Department’s most popular events. Scouts and Adults help families set up their tents and provide directions and assistance. We supervise the evening campfires and assist in serving meals. Everyone sleeps in tents overnight and we help cleanup up in the morning.
We are asking for additional Scouts and Adults to sign up for this popular event. Service Hours for Scouts.
Monday, October 10, 7:30 – 9 pm. Scout meeting @ church
Friday, October 14: Scout Service opportunity at Bexley Harvest Festival
On Friday, October 14, we will sell Hot Chocolate, Soda Pop and perhaps a few other things at Bexley’s Annual Harvest Festival. Details and a sign up link will follow closer to the event.
Monday, October 17, 7:30 – 9 pm. Scout meeting @ church, and Troop Committee Meeting
Friday, October 21, 6 pm – Sunday, October 23, noon. Backpacking Campout, leaves from Church
Our classic annual backpacking campout, and one of the most rewarding! There are multiple hiking lengths to provide a fun experience for backpackers of varying experience. Participants should be prepared to carry all equipment and should dress appropriately for the weather. The Troop has plenty of extra gear for both Scouts and Adults (just stop by a meeting or contact Mr. Czaja at the bottom of the e-mail).
A note will follow closer to the event with additional details and final cost.
Monday, October 24, 7:30 – 9 pm. Scout meeting @ church and Board of Review (for Scout rank advancement)
Monday, October 31: No Troop Meeting due to Halloween
Outings for the rest of the year and other helpful information listed below:
October 21 – 23: Backpacking Campout
November 18 – 20: Pumpkin Chuckin’ Campout
December 9: Planning Overnight
See the troop calendar for additional details.
- All campouts are open to Troop 166 Boy Scouts, parents, and uniformed adults
- Travel to and from the campout in uniform
- All adults (parents as well as uniformed adults) need to have an up to date Youth Protection http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection.aspx
- Siblings can join the September family campout
- All attendees need to complete a permission form for every campout. Electronic copies can be downloaded and saved with your information for easy printing: http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/19-673.pdf
- A handy checklist for packing can be downloaded as well. It’s a great habit for every scout and adult: https://gallery.mailchimp.com/e54ef67b3c3d8e41341c3a63f/images/69755a69-b3bc-4714-b24e-04612bc3c8e4.jpg
- If you need to borrow a backpack, sleeping bag, pad, etc. for any outing, just ask Mr. or Mrs. Czaja.